Truth be told, I have been avoiding this blogging challenge over the last several weeks... not because I didn't want to do it but because I didn't know if I had anything really interesting to share. First Seth Berg challenged me; then Michele Corbat threw the challenge my way; next Lyn Hilt challenged me but the whole time, I tried to hide from those challenges! Well, finally Andrew Sharos challenged me yesterday and even though I wanted to run and hide from him too, I couldn't do it! You see, Andrew and I were connected as a result of the #SAVMP program (thanks George & Amber) so how I could I say no to my mentee?? And, I also lost a blogging challenge a few weeks ago so it was time to pay up! So, Andrew, this post is for you my friend - thank you for helping me grow and learn over the last year - honored to be connected with you!
HERE ARE THE RULES OF THE CHALLENGE:
Acknowledge the nominating blogger.
Share 11 random facts about yourself.
Answer the 11 questions the nominating blogger has created for you.
List 11 bloggers. They should be bloggers you believe deserve a little recognition and a little blogging love!
Post 11 questions for the bloggers you nominate to answer and let all the bloggers know they’ve been nominated. (You cannot nominate the blogger who nominated you.)
11 Random Facts About Me...
1) I was almost on Real World London
2) I was on the Golf Team in HS
3) I had my own radio show in college where we played Freestyle music (Cynthia, Johnny O, George LaMond, etc.)
4) I am scared of dogs
5) I am allergic to many fruits and almost all seafood
6) I was put on academic probation after my semester in college (I did really poorly)
7) I was on this dance show years ago called The Grind on MTV
8) I love blasting the music with the windows down when I am alone in my car
9) I am going to be 40 in 2014... that one is scary
10) I am a first generation American - my parents came here from Greece in the 50's
11) My first job was pumping gas
Answers to Andrew's Questions...
1) My favorite education quote: Education is the most powerful weapon which you can use to change the world - Mandela
2) I am most passionate about being the best dad possible for my son; he has taught everything I need to know about what matters in life!
3) I like having students work in groups of 2 to 4 - I think 4 is a pretty good spot for balance, deliberation and discussion!
4) My favorite Sunday activity is hanging with my family (and watching football)
5) My favorite twitter chat is #NYedchat because I get to connect with people in my own state (yes, I am one of the moderators...)
6) My son inspires me the most in my world; his strength, courage and sense of humor keep me centered!
7) For anyone going on a job interview, I would say, be honest, be yourself and show them (without being cocky) that you are the best person for them!
8) I am hoping classrooms will be different in 20 years... hopefully less high stakes testing and more personalized learning!
9) I watched Johan Santana pitch the first no-hitter for the Mets - I cried!
10) I was honored earlier this year by the Bammy's as the Elementary Principal of the Year - humbled!
11) Best concert was Bon Jovi at Giants Stadium - they played for HOURS!
The 11 Bloggers I would like to challenge...
11 Questions for my Blogging Friends...
1) What is your favorite TV show?
2) What is one app or resource you've learned about on Twitter that has been a game changer for you at work?
3) In one sentence, share your vision for your school or district.
4) What does being a connected educator mean to you?
5) What was the most amazing lesson you ever facilitated or observed?
6) What is one thing about your school or work place that you are most proud of?
7) How has your PLN impacted you?
8) What motivates you each day to be an educator?
9) What is your favorite device or gadget?
10) In one sentence explain to a "disconnected" educator why they should consider getting connected!
11) What makes you happy?
Thank you all for taking this challenge and thank you Andrew for giving me that final push!